Annette Obrestad taking break from Live Poker

Annette Obrestad has revealed that she will take a break from live poker.



Annette Obrestad is disappointed with herself for not winning the European Poker Tour event in Dublin, and plans to take a break from live poker she said in an interview with Norwegian newspaper Verdens Gang.

Annette_15 took the poker world by storm when she won the World Series of Poker Main Event in London in September, and she came very close to clinching another major title in Dublin last week.

Annette Obrestad dominated the final table of the EPT event, but ran out of luck when it was time for heads-up play against Reuben Peters.

In the final hand on the tournament, the 19-year-old Norwegian made a much talked-about all-in call with pocket sevens on a ten-high flop. Peters sat with A-T and became EPT Dublin champion.

"Maybe I made a bad play in the last hand. I had a lot of chips for a while, but didn't get any cards and didn't hit anything when we played heads-up. At the same time it was the total opposite for him," Annette Obrestad said in the interview.

"I'm disappointed. I wanted to win this tournament."

The €297,800 prize check isn't much comfort for a player who won £1,000,000 in the WSOPE, but at least Obrestad knows what she will use the money for.

"My mother and I are still looking for a house. We haven't found the 'right one' yet."

Even so, Obrestad is looking forward to spending some time in her home town Sandnes.

"I will take a little break from playing live now. Since London, I've been to Barcelona, Austria and Aruba. It will be great to come home."

That's doesn't mean, however, that she will stay away from poker entirely.

"When I'm home, I usually play online poker for 40-50 hours a week," Obrestad said.